100 West 5th Street
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 4750
Windows Server/Application Support Analyst
Perform problem management and configuration management related to IT infrastructure and support.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage problems which escalate beyond the status of incident. Coordinate the appropriate personnel to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.
- Perform root cause analysis on resolved problems. Design and develop appropriate monitoring or other proactive measures to prevent future occurrences.
- Mentor Tier II staff during problem resolution and root case analysis to increase efficiency and knowledge of Tier II personnel.
- Analyze and document the architecture and configuration of application infrastructure.
- Provide configuration and engineering for new technologies.
- Lead the support and configuration activities for technologies where you have been designated a subject matter expert.
- Complete tasks assigned in order to accomplish approved application and/or infrastructure change controls.
- Collaborate with other IT personnel on technology and support issues.
- Consult with applications and infrastructure personnel on new initiatives and the impacts they will have on infrastructure.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’ s degree in computer sciences or an equivalent combination of formal education and job-related experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of current data networking and/or server technologies.
- Experience in the support and function of:
- Infrastructure hardware configuration
- IP networking
- Windows Server and/or Unix operating systems
- Shared storage technologies
- Virtualization technologies
- Event monitoring, logging and data collection techniques
- Demonstrated ability to mentor influence and facilitate discussions across a wide range of teams and technologies.
- Application of arithmetic and computer math.
- Training and experience relative to:
- Operating systems software
- Computer hardware
- Security administration
- Data base administration
- Demonstrated ability to identify, research, and analyze systems software problems and perform systems evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to review and interpret manuals, journals, computer display screens, computer printouts, error logs, and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to research, prepare, and compose systems operating procedures and documentation, reports, and correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, advise, guide, train, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
- Ability to communicate and/or exchange information; conduct oral presentations.
- Experienced interacting with external customers and vendors relationships.
Certification and Licensing
- Applicable driver’ s license required for travel to other company locations.
- Mobility to travel in and around office surrounding and job sites outdoors.
- Sufficient to perform job duties.