Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5004
This position is primarily responsible for answering the Service desk phone line under minimal supervision to solve simple computer hardware and software problems. Problems not able to be solved are referred to Microcomputer Specialist or other 2nd level support. All of this support is within the companies Standard Operating Environment and those additional applications or hardware as required by the business unit. The Service Desk Specialist always presents a positive experience to users as the IT representative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers user questions and resolves problems over the phone. Platforms and Applications are in the area of Microsoft Windows and MS office applications. Resolves problems related to user lockup, virus detection, printing, connection to the network, etc.
- All incidents/inquiries are entered in the Call Tracking System with problem description and resolution.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves basic hardware and software problems, including contacting hardware and software vendors for support when necessary; makes recommendations to management regarding resolution and appropriate resolution.
- Develops solutions and assists users in resolving hardware and software problems; recommends hardware and software methodologies usage which allows users and departments to utilize available technology to increase productivity.
- Remains abreast of rapidly changing world of PC and network technology by utilizing all available reference materials and courses offered
- Bilingual would be awesome if possible but not a hard requirement