3010 Briarpark Dr
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 4943
Visual Design Specialist
The Visual Design Specialist will create world-class digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels, by bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities. The Visual Design Specialist will work directly with the DCX Product Owner, peers and creative leads to design end-to-end experiences and developing the Visual Interface Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios etc. PREFERENCE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH EXPERIENCE EXECUTING USING AGILE METHODOLOGY.
Responsibilities may include:
- Apply design thinking to create world-class digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels, by bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Develop the digital brand and identity strategy for our customers
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility for the team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Develop the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Create style guides and brand guidelines to supplement design comps for our implementation partners
- Work directly with customers, peers and creative leads to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, program management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Collaborate effectively with remote and onsite team members, including designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing and others.
- Participate in and contribute to Project Debriefs, project templates and design POV’ s.
- Play an active role in client meetings.
- Vocalize opinions and ideas to clients and the project team.
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
- When necessary, manage work streams directly with clients.
- Open-minded and willingness to work with and learn from people from different disciplines.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in user interface design with consumer applications, and web sites, preferably around responsive design and mobile first applications.
- Ability to give design direction to other designers and lead design teams.
- Experience executing using agile methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management and user research.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Axure.
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storytelling, mood boards, design comps, design directions, animations, etc)
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and mobile operating systems and platforms and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including browser and OS considerations.
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, or diagrammatic expertise and iconography are an advantage.
- Knowledge of designing for mobile, tablet and desktop platforms is an advantage.
- Good task management skills and the ability to brief and on-board other Designers.
- Ability to articulate and justify ideas and design solutions to clients.
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Experience in working with large teams and collaborating with others to develop and finalize deliverables.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to take complex solutions and make them simple to explain and digest
- Experience with conversation design and conversational design principles