Job Category: IT
Job Number: 6085
Telecom Analyst III
The main function of a Telecom Analyst is operating and maintaining an extensive and complex telecommunications network.
- Provide technical services to support the daily operational control of a large complex voice and data telecommunications and LAN/WAN system.
- Troubleshoot, operate, and maintain systems composed of microwave, fiber, two-way radios, leased circuits, cell modems, VSAT’ s, SCADA radios, terminal servers, digital multiplex, DC power systems, PBX/Key Sets, and alarm systems by various manufacturers (Alcatel, Aviat, NEC, Harris, Newbridge, Nortel, MDS, Cisco, DPS Telecom, etc .).
- This position will be responsible for installing, testing, and maintaining all telecom and network equipment located within their assigned area of responsibility. This person will also be expected to occasionally work outside of their primary area of responsibility to assist other techs, help with projects, and to provide support while other techs are unavailable or busy.
- This person is required to accept after hour’ s on-call for response to equipment failures and emergencies with occasional unscheduled overtime.
- Works closely with Telecommunications Engineers/Specialists to assure the reliable operations of the Company' s Telecommunications assets.
- Interfaces with SCADA, Gas Control, Network Services, other support groups and outside vendors as needed.
- Ability to use computers and standard programs such as Windows, Outlook, MSWord, Visio, and Excel with requirement to learn other Windows and Non-Windows based programs.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and eager to learn.
- Must be able to develop work schedules, possess excellent interpersonal skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be a team orientated individual, with the ability to work well with others.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be willing to travel using personal vehicle. Overnight travel will occasionally be necessary.
- Must maintain a valid driver’ s license and a good driving record.
- Must be available for 24 hour call out. Must be willing to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to walk, bend, crawl, work in extreme heat, extreme cold, high noise, and enclosed spaces, while climbing ladders, and lifting items that weigh more than 50lbs.
- Associate' s or two-year technical school degree in electronics or military electronics training. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Valid FCC license or other telecommunication certificate or license.
- Experience maintaining telecommunications infrastructure for a pipeline company or other related business.