Job Category: IT
Job Number: 4732
Technical Help Desk 1
Summary: Help Desk professionals are responsible for taking calls, logging tickets, troubleshooting issues, answering questions, transferring / escalating issues and creating /updating knowledge articles.
- Associates degree in computer related field or equivalent training required
- Entry level – 1 year call center / help desk experience required
- Exercises minimal to moderate independent judgment with direction from knowledge articles, teammates or supervisor.
- Established verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Basic ability to learn new things quickly and work effectively.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’ s time (Required)
- Knowledge of computer hardware, service management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software (Required)
- Basic knowledge of ITSM Processes (Incident, Problem, Knowledge), Windows 10, ServiceNow, and computer hardware, and general Oil & Gas Software (Preferred)
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
- May install software or perform hardware testing remotely
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Read knowledge articles, prior tickets or technical manuals, confer with users or peers, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support