Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5988
- Work with end-users, business and functional analysts to identify and develop business requirements/rules, transform into technical requirements and technically deliver a solution that meets the identified need.
- Able to work under deadline pressure of product releases, fulfill critical project design requirements, build test cases and user guides for delivered solutions.
- Work with functional teams to evaluate end user requests regarding PRA data, what and where it is and how to enhance Teradata views.
- Develop Knowledge base articles for repetitive issues within the respected support areas and train end users so they can effectively self-serve themselves with data analysis.
- Develop/enhance database objects such as tables, procedures, views, partitioning and indexes to deliver on end user requirements.
- Evaluation, optimization and tuning of SQL to ensure optimal performance of procedures and views.
- Support/maintain container based security model for PRA data.
- Work with Teradata DBAs for system maintenance, accessibility and optimization activities.
- Research and assist in resolution of data issues with HVR replication of SAP PRA data into the Teradata environment.
- Business Objects (Preferred but not required):
- Extensively work in rebuilding the existing Business Objects Universes by creating new classes and user objects using filters within the universe for faster report generation.
- Develop user prompts, conditions and filters to improve report generation along with use of alerts to improve the readability of BOBJ reports.
- Develop aggregate SQL functions on measures to improve performance and apply aggregate awareness to speed up query response time.
- Manage database connections, views and parsing of objects.
- Modify restrictions on objects and classes based on universe privileges.
High level skills:
- Teradata / TOAD Datapoint / ATANA Suite / Teradata Studio
- Database development (tables, schemas, views, performance evaluation/enhancement)
- SQL proficient (Teradata)
- SQL tuning
- Requirements gathering, evaluation & design
- Good communication & problem solving skills (technical & functional/business)
- Business Objects (preferred but not required)