5001 East 68th Street, Suite 500
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 4702
Systems/Production Control Engineer
The Production Control Engineer plans and executes software updates, migrations and other project tasks and is responsible for production alerting, problem identification and resolution for the company' s information systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Back End and Front End Application Development and Network Infrastructure teams to develop deployment specifications and configurations. Organize detailed deployment plans for application deployment.
- Participate in developing and validating the work instructions, communications plans, and quality control for an optimized delivery with a minimum interruption to customers.
- Create and maintain code branches in SVN. Maintain environment pipeline in SVN and resolve any deployment issues.
- Ensure that all steps of each deployment are thoroughly documented.
- Investigate and resolve production problems.
- Maintain error alerting system and distribution of alert emails.
- Research, investigate, and propose technical solutions for system configuration needs. Recommend process improvements to ensure system scalability and reliability.
- Execute assigned tasks for any projects assigned as part of the Production Control Management team.
- Assure compliance with the company and Payment Card Industry policies, procedures, standards, and regulations.
- Assist in training and orientation of other staff as requested.
- Remain current on technical and professional development affecting area of responsibility.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field and five to eight years of experience in Linux, shell scripting, exception handling, client/server and full Software Development Life Cycle of Design, Documentation, Coding, Testing/Debugging, Implementation, and Maintenance.
- Experience working with a Source Code Management tool, preferably SVN or GIT. Working, administrative knowledge/experience with version control systems including branching and merging strategies.
- Excellent customer service attitude, good communications skills (both verbal and written), good project management and organizational skills and the ability to cope with and manage a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to resolve issues. Strong attention to detail and follow through skills.
Job requires sitting most of the time working on a computer. Normal working hours but may require evening or weekend hours under special conditions.