1800 South Elm Place Suite Suite 200
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 4947
The System Administrator is a strategic technical position within the organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’ s software systems, coordinating complex projects, and implementing software solutions.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft' s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs.
- Implementation and support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’ s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnostic skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’ s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 5 years of IT or related experience.