1 W 3rd Street #1115
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5528
Description: The System Engineer’ s primary responsibility is for the successful delivery and support of integrated Telephony solutions to Waterfield’ s customer base. This involves performing software implementation tasks associated with all aspects of the solution delivery cycle. This cycle includes but is not limited to participating in requirements gathering, system design, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, go-live support and best practice consulting. The System Engineer will work as an individual and as part of a team, with limited supervision and will be expected to participate in internal growth activities as they relate to new products and best practices.
- Responsible for overall solution delivery success and client satisfaction:
- Responsible for implementing products, effectively providing on-site customer technical assistance and setting appropriate customer expectations
- Understand project and product life-cycles
- Provide technical consultation to prospective clients on telephony technology
- Provide subject matter expertise on the capabilities and constraints of the applications
- Deployment of PureConnect platform-based telephony systems
- Troubleshoot and configure all aspects of telephony implementations ranging from standard TDM to multifaceted SIP/VoIP implementations
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS based Routers and Switches
- Responsible for resolving customer inquiries/questions/problem through Help Desk:
- Respond to initial request within stated Response Goals.
- Successfully resolve issues identified during the troubleshooting process. May involve engagement of Genesys Support team for escalation.
- Effective communication throughout incident lifecycle to ensure Client satisfaction.
- Provide remote and on-site technical support to Customer base. Requires 24/7 availability to support Customer Support contracts.
- Responsible for resource utilization targets and project administration:
- Support organizational growth:
- Participate in organizational growth through continued process/delivery improvements
- Participate in Sales activities with prospective customers to assist the Sales cycle
Four year college degree (BA/BS) or related experience
Minimum 6 years providing professional services in a software application environment. Telephony focus required.
- Genesys certification – obtain and maintain
- Interaction Center Certified Specialist (ICCS)
- Department of Defense Clearance – TOP SECRET
- Candidate must currently have DoD Clearance or capable of obtaining and maintaining Security Clearance levels.
- Security+ certification – obtain and maintain
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Proficient in relational database concepts and use
- Proficient in Windows Server environment
- Proficient in Network infrastructure environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
- Effective time management of self and others
- Able to work well independently or in a team environment
- Proven track record of demonstrated leadership abilities
- Project management expertise
- PBX vendor experience in any of the following:
- Genesys CIC (SIP architectures)
- AVAYA Definity G3R
- Cisco IP Telephony (Callmanager, IPCC, Unity)
- MCSE and CCNA given additional consideration
- Domestic and International Travel to customer sites – 25%