321 North Harvey Ave.
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5084
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Responsible to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget and scope.
- Responsible to obtain necessary budgetary approval. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- The role will also define the projects objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Level of Responsibility:
- Uses best practices and in- depth business knowledge to solve complex problems and improve products or services.
- May adapt procedures, processes and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of position. .
- Proactively manage project scope, timeline, risks and budget according to Project Management Office (PMO) processes from beginning to end.
- Develop and maintain detailed project schedules using MS Project, with dependencies, milestones, critical path and named resources.
- Communicate and provide continuous visibility to a current schedule according to PMO processes and procedures.
- Forecast and manage project spend according to PMO processes and procedures.
- Lead project teams in conflict and issue resolution, and risk identification and mitigation.
- Conduct project post mortems/lessons learned and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Effectively communicate project Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and success expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and grow relationships with project leaders and stakeholders vital to the success of the projects.
- Monitor overall PMO performance based on measures and observation and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provide coaching on PMO processes, deliverables, planning, budget management, risk and issue identification and remediation, escalation procedures, project governance, troubled project recovery and other areas that will contribute to project success and process compliance.
- Provide thought leadership to project teams and stakeholders on project success criteria.
- Ensure consistency and quality in the project management methodologies, services and deliverables; identifying and making recommendations for improvements.
- Assist other project managers to ensure governance controls are identified and documented when working with third parties.
- Office Work using computers.
- May be required to travel
- May be required to work non-standard hours.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated skills in being persuasive, encouraging, and motivating with team members
- Familiarity with project management software such as Microsoft Project and other company software, such as SAP.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment,
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Aptitude for conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Ability to successfully work in deadline-focused, results oriented environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Project Management, Business, Information Technology or related discipline combined with five (5) years of directly related project management experience; OR Associates Degree in Project Management, Business, Information Technology or related discipline combined with Eight (8 ) years of directly related experience; OR Ten (10) years of directly related experience.
- Related experience includes leading or managing projects within an IT setting, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions. Medical/DOT
Project Manager skills:
- Build list of tasks from requirements
- Develop appropriately sized tasks (WBS)
- Appropriately identify and define all dependencies/predecessors
- Develop an initial plan in MS Project with all dependencies and resources accounted for
- Baseline a fully resourced project with costs
- Manage project to the baseline by capturing accurate earned completion value and work remaining (forecasts)
- Develop and maintain risk register and incorporate risk contingencies into project plan, and
- Be able to forecast schedule and/or cost variances when the project actually starts to deviate (not when cost or milestones have already been exceeded)
We need people who are great at the following:
- Microsoft project and Excel
- Forecasting, schedules and financials
- Identifying Critical Paths- How do you measure a project
- During a project- Cab see variance in the project- cost and schedules
- Can explain “ Earned Value” with their projects