100 West 5th Street
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5428
Sr. Development Analyst
Lead and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for both package and custom developed applications, including software design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with key process owners on documentation of application defects, enhancements and/or projects.
- Lead design, development, testing, and maintenance of software solutions as prioritized by the business including creating/updating system documentation and training materials.
- Lead design of reliable and scalable solutions according to standards and best practices to support user requirements.
- Lead gathering and documenting of business requirements to determine capabilities to be delivered. Consult with users on priorities, complexities and other impacts of the requirements. Provide time and cost estimates for proposed changes resulting from the requirements.
- Identify opportunities to deploy existing solutions in other business areas.
- Coordinate and communicate development activities with other team members, infrastructure personnel, vendors, and management.
- Lead small projects through entire system development life cycle.
- Follow defined change control and compliance procedures associated with software development, including all required documentation and governance standards.
- Interact with business users via consulting and training to ensure effective use of technology solutions.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science, mathematics, or other related field or equivalent formal education and job-related experience to include:
- Experience with multiple development languages and/or platforms.
- Experience with Visual Studio (C#), SQL Server, RightAngle Software is preferred.
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus.
- Experience in software development and programming concepts/techniques.
- Experience working with database management systems.
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle methodology and basic project management concepts.
- Experience with basic infrastructure technologies and the ability to understand/communicate impacts resulting from development activities.
- Experience directing and training other project members.
- Experience interacting, advising and communicating effectively.
- Experience developing information, conducting meetings and making presentations.
- Ability to communicate and/or exchange information or instructions; conduct oral presentations and/or meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.