420 South Keeler Avenue PB-10-1084-06
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5006
Sr. Application Developer
The Sr. Application Developer will be part of a team of IT developers building critical applications, reports, and data used by the Commercial business as well as many other groups across the commercial IT Organization. The team supports Commercial application systems used by Traders, Schedulers, Confirmation, Contracts, Risk & Credit. This position will work in a team environment located on the trade floor responding to Commercial business needs. This role will be Senior Developer with strong development experience in .Net and/or Java Programming.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop mid-level to highly complex custom applications in a windows/web application environment, following company standards and best practices.
- Working with Business Analysts and Functional Support team to understand business requirements to provide timely assessments and create technical designs.
- Creating and updating documentation for ongoing support of web/windows applications.
- Following company change management processes to prevent disruptions and outages.
Required Technical/Functional Skillsets
- 5+ years of Windows/Web application development experience
- Proficient Skills in these technologies:
- C# .NET Framework, Microsoft ASP .Net MVC, Microsoft ASP Web API
- Visual Studio 2015 and above, TFS 2017 or above, MS Entity Framework
- Java SE 8 (1.8) or higher, Eclipse
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL Server/Oracle 11 and above) with strong SQL and stored procedure development knowledge
- Working experience in Energy, Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) applications like RightAngle, CXL-CreditRisk, etc.
- Strong research, analytical & interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Commercial business acumen in front office space with trading platforms like ICE, CME.
- Proficient in source control practices and patterns (Git workflow, branching/merging, etc.)