Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5617
Sr Development Analyst
Lead and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle to configure and customize Maximo Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solutions, which may include but is not limited to software design, development, testing, training, deployment, reporting and maintenance activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with key process owners and key team members on documentation of application defects, enhancements and/or projects.
- Lead design, development, testing, and maintenance of software solutions as prioritized by the business including creating/updating system documentation and training materials.
- Lead design of reliable and scalable solutions according to standards and best practices to support user requirements.
- Lead gathering and documenting of business requirements to determine capabilities to be delivered. Consult with users on priorities, complexities and other impacts of the requirements. Provide time and effort estimates for proposed changes resulting from the requirements.
- Identify opportunities to deploy existing solutions in other business areas.
- Coordinate and communicate development activities with other team members, infrastructure personnel, vendors, and management.
- Lead small projects through entire system development life cycle.
- Follow defined change control and compliance procedures associated with software development, including all required documentation and governance standards.
- Interact with business users via consulting and training to ensure effective use of technology solutions.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science, mathematics, or other related field or equivalent formal education and job-related experience to include:
- Experience in software development as a developer, preferably having prior experience supporting Maximo, including but not limited to:
- Database Configuration, App. Designer, Conditional Expression Manager, Workflow Designer, ect…
- Automation Scripts - Jython
- Java Customization – Maximo Business Objects (MBO), Beans, ect…
- Integration – Object Structures, Web Services, REST API, Flat File, ect…
- Migration Manager – Build & Deployment of Packages
- Strong programming skills – preferably experience with Java and Python.
- Experience working with database management systems, preferably experience with Oracle.
- Strong SQL skills – preferably experience with Oracle.
- Experience working with WebSphere
- Experience and ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle methodology and basic project management concepts.
- Experience with basic infrastructure technologies and the ability to understand/communicate impacts resulting from development activities.
- Experience directing and training other project members.
- Experience interacting, advising and communicating effectively with multiple levels of management.
- Experience developing information, conducting meetings and making presentations.
- Ability to communicate and/or exchange information or instructions; conduct oral presentations and/or meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
- Ability to operate tools and equipment required.