5001 East 68th Street, Suite 500
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5520
Software Deployment Engineer
The Software Deployment Engineer fills a critical role in the Software Quality Management program by leading efforts for planning and executing software deployments, migrations and other project tasks. This is a key position with a new and growing team, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and product. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for high? quality software, strong engineering principles, and methodical problem? solving skills. This position provides further value with contributions to improving monitoring, alerting, and other incident/problem management activity for GTP’ s service platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
Production Control Management
- Coordinate across team efforts for software deployments according to the Project Lifecycle
- Ensure timely and accurate notification to stakeholders for any deployments and activity that requires a planned service outage
- Use continuous service improvement philosophy to improve Project Lifecycle and Production Control processes
- Work with stakeholders to develop detailed deployment task plans for software deployments and configuration changes in the production environment
- Ensure that requirements for work packages that are scheduled for deployment into production are fulfilled before submitting for final change control approval, use tact to engage responsible parties to complete the requirements
- Test work packages to make sure code compiles correctly before approving for deployment into production
- Provide feedback to or directly assist Developers when code does not compile correctly to help them resolve issues in a manner that is consistent with best practice and established guidelines
- Liaise between Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers to improve the effectiveness of QA testing procedures and tools
- Foster awareness of compliance and security requirements into the Production Control Management philosophy
- Help identify areas that are ideal for automation efforts and work with Developers and the DevOps Engineer for approved projects
- Along with the DevOps Engineer, maintain order in Version Control software and code repositories by assisting Developers with issues during the development process
- Provide feedback to the DevOps Engineer to help focus their efforts of the improvement and use of automation tools.
Incident Response and Problem Management
- Under guidance from the IT Operations Manager and Director of IT, execute and improve incident response processes, procedures, and documentation
- Collaborate with DevOps Engineer and Infrastructure Team to implement and improve Critical Process monitoring, alerting, and documentation
- As new software is being developed, work with developers to ensure that logging, monitoring, and alerting are designed and implemented in an effective and consistent manner
- Act as the lead for initiating incident reporting and coordinating follow? up activity through to resolution.
- Execute any assigned tasks as part of the Production Control Management team
- Conduct all efforts under Compliance and Payment Card Industry policies, procedures, standards, and regulations
- Assist in training and orientation of other staff as requested
- Maintain Subject Matter Expert status on technical and professional disciplines relevant to areas of responsibility.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with intermediate skill level or better in
- Linux system administration and shell scripting
- Enterprise? grade software development (preferably C++ and/or C#), technical documentation, software testing and debugging methods and tools, and working in a Software Quality Management environment
- Working with Version Control Software (preferably Subversion and GIT) and proficient in best practice workflows and methods.
- Excellent customer service attitude with great communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Disciplined project/task management, organizational skills, attention to detail and follow? through
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and ability to thrive while working in a fast? paced environment
- Ability to think quickly and logically to resolve issues