Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5556
- Receives incoming help requests from end users via both telephone, helpdesk tickets in a courteous manner.
- Builds rapport with key operators, IT teammates and end users to provide outstanding service.
- Prioritizes and schedules problems.
- Escalates problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting. Identifies and learns appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configurating systems and applications.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
• Performs post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develops help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Entry level, typically 0-3 years of experience.
- Provides technical and/or administrative support.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn terminology, applications and standard procedures for performing the job function.
- Performs routine, basic office/field tasks using established procedures.