Job Category: IT
Job Number: 4973
This position is primarily responsible for planning, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring both physical and virtual server systems. The server administrator will also be responsible for maintaining Active Directory, patch management, AV/security practices, and disaster recovery. The server administrator will perform these duties with industry standard best practices while providing optimal availability and performance of said systems.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Configure, monitor, and maintain both physical and virtual server environments.
- Assist server operations manager with planning, designing, and directing server systems operations.
- Analyze and evaluate customer trends/needs and make recommendations based on these observations
- Perform server administration duties including server access, drive and folder access, AD changes, GPO changes, and drive mappings.
- Assist with server data backups, system recovery, patch management, system updates, and certificate services
- Maintain platform and procedural documentation
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of Linux Server OS
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Server OS
- Thorough knowledge of VMware
- Advanced knowledge of Hyper-V
- Advanced knowledge of Windows PowerShell
- Citrix XenApp/NetScaler experience a plus
- Hadoop Administration experience a plus
- NetApp CDOT experience a plus
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Forward thinking and ability to adapt to evolving technology
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management
- Ability to be on-call and work after hours