Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5957
Provide high-paced software development for both internal and external projects where strong verbal and written communications skills are necessary. External projects will integrate our products and services with outside entities (vendors, clients, and other third parties). Most projects will need utilize strong organizational skills along with payroll, accounting, or benefit industry knowledge.
- Develop software for the creation of new retirement plan files to upload and transmit to clients’ retirement plan providers.
- Perform software development for a variety of projects ranging from industry-wide services to client-specific reports resulting in EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and other interfacing technologies.
- Ensure that developed software applications are free of bugs, adhere to established coding standards, and fulfill provider-approved file specifications.
- Collaborate with team of developers, production support, customer support, clients, and vendors on software projects of all sizes.
- Perform the quality assurance and integration testing for projects after development is completed and before projects are deployed.
- Manage and track communications with client/vendor, being primary project contact for some projects.
- Adhere to and implement the organizational processes and the tracking of project metrics and project statuses.
- Responsible for enhancing the ability of the team in critical areas of individual modules
- Participate in technical advisory roles and peer code review as required.
- Regular attendance as required
- Heavy usage:
- Other usage:
- C#, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ADO, XML
- A Bachelor’ s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent.
- Must have prior experience using at least 3 other software development tools and architectures such as: Visual Basic, PHP, and MySQL. Must show multi-programming language capabilities in job history.
- Some experience in payroll, financial, benefits, or banking software.
- Business familiarity with 401(k) plans, income deferrals, and payroll taxes.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated SQL programming and/or database experience. Ability to integrate multiple databases.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills with strong attention to both detail and process.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Ability to meet stated customer initiated deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough business accounting understanding, specifically general ledger transactions.