Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5952
- Defines and develops telecommunications solutions for customer problems, including hardware, software, or system functionality. Works closely with business partners to develop requirements, business cases and cost estimates.
- Designs, develops, deploys, and tests features that meet business needs. Evaluates all aspects of a solution including: localization, licensing, scalability, memory management, bandwidth, latency, automated testing, security, and compliance.
- Administers telecommunications networks and services to ensure secure, high-performance connectivity.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems. Isolates, reproduces and resolves problems using available systems and tools, and investigates potential workarounds for verified defects.
- Keeps abreast of vendor technology roadmaps. Anticipates, promotes and drives technical uplift initiatives (upgrades, re-platform, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in telephony engineering (VoIP and Unified Communications)
- Experience within a corporate environment with large contact center desirable
- Experience with Cloud based IP Telephony Solutions
- Experience with Genesys platform architecture in a multi-site environment
- Associate degree in technology related field.
- In lieu of degree, may consider additional directly-related experience.
- Experience implementing a variety of Unified Communication products solutions and understanding the relative technical capabilities of each, including product reviews, integration requirements, and cost factoring
- Knowledge of phone number management and administration
- Knowledge of network design, implementation and support in redundant, dynamic, multi-homed configurations and SIP infrastructure
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- SMS protocols, systems, carrier regulations and industry best practices would be advantageous
- Implementation and Administration of SIP and Media Servers