12716 E Pine St
Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 5289
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for functions such as managing a workbench or ERP system report, creating and sending purchase orders to suppliers, status-check product, supporting program management, managing inventory levels, sending and negotiating quotations with suppliers, savings initiatives and non-demand commodity utilization.
- Manage assigned products and suppliers
- Ensure all items are on order and being delivered at the appropriate time for minimum inventory exposure and maximum benefit to the machine shop
- Manage special focus items such as Supplier On Time Delivery Metrics, individual savings goals, and late requisitions Review and determine adequacy of engineering specifications and material requirements for various items to be procured.
- Interfaces with Product Line Planning Manager to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports nonconformances.
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
- Skilled in workplace organization, including managing processes, paperwork and desktop flows
- Must be able to analyze data proficiently and summarize information in quantifiable metrics/reports
- Fundamental Understanding of Financial Principles
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Attention to detail -Hard worker - Good attitude
- Must be able to process information and manage multiple conflicting priorities to drive to a successful outcome (i.e. Multi-task)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Minimum of Two (3) years experience working in business administration and/or with supply chain
- Five (5) years experience in Aerospace is required
- Bachelors Degree (Business or Supply Chain preferred) or equivalent experience
- Proficient Computer skills Intermediate to Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Proficient in Excel, Work, and ERP Systems