5202 W Channel Rd
Job Category: Project Manager
Job Number: 4767
The Project Manager oversees each project assigned from placement of purchase order to customer acceptance and will be responsible for multiple projects in a given time frame.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Accountable for developing and coordinating carefully designed and approved action plans to successfully complete projects.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all aspects of the Operations activities, including Engineering, Sales and the Customer; assure all parties maintain close communication and coordination regarding project status and milestones; maintain project schedules and report status in weekly Program Reviews.
- Work with Purchasing to assure that all long lead items are identified and ordered in a timely manner in support of the project schedules.
- Document and communicate project status, obstacles and resolutions to management; ability to listen, persuade and achieve win-win negotiation results with Company functional groups; traditional project management skills, such as organizing and planning projects, establishing goals and monitoring performance, assessing risks, and anticipating and efficiently resolving problems.
- Experience at developing and facilitating business processes to achieve project goals.
- Basic understanding of air coolers and manufacturing supply chains are a plus; accreditation from recognized project management organizations such as PMI a plus.
- Self-motivated with a positive and optimistic attitude; team orientation with good leadership skills – empathy and motivating cross-functional team members to common goal; display persistence, vision and positive attitude.
- Good organizational skills and capable of independent work. Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and appropriately determine priorities; able to work effectively with all levels of management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in engineering, business or equivalent experience. PMP certification and training is a plus.
- At least five (5) years of experience in manufacturing and or oil & gas industries. Experience in project management, or management of significant business process desired. Experience in the air cooler industry a plus.
- Personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Experience with Microsoft Project.