Job Category: Project Manager
Job Number: 4760
Project Manager IT IV
The primary function of a Project Manager – IT is to plan, execute, and finalize projects on time and on budget. Coordinating efforts of team members, vendors, and consultants to deliver projects according to plan is essential. The Project Manager will also define the project’ s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Oversees various system projects of a highly complex nature.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
- Must be familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Takes responsibility for projects involving multiple disciplines in the IT function.
- Solid understanding of Project Methodologies and tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Track record of driving project teams to meet business requirements on-time and budget
- Effective communicator at all levels (Team member to Sr. Leadership)
- Effective at managing a project team to meet challenging delivery dates.
- Capable of driving discussions across multiple business & IM areas to define requirements, resolve issues, etc…
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Tools, including Microsoft Project
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experience with vendor software package implementations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess specialized, in-depth knowledge and experience with ESRI products and the area of GIS.
- Proficient in the use of ArcGIS/ArcView software. Working knowledge of current third-party survey software used to manage electronic survey data with the CAD and GIS environments. Proficient in the use of GIS analysis tools.
- Prior experience in the Oil & Gas industry preferred
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines as necessary
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in IT-related field preferred
- 8-10 years of experience
- Prior experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred