1437 S boulder Ave. Suit. 1550
Job Category: Project Manager
Job Number: 4679
Project Manager/ Civil Engineer
- Candidate must be experienced in roadway, site development, and utility design, possess strong technical writing skills, have experience in coordinating a project team, be able to communicate well among team members and clients.
- 6-10 years’ experience in civil engineering is required.
- Experience in land surveying a plus.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word and Excel experience required. HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and MicroStation experience a plus.
- Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of civil engineering design services including municipal, County and ODOT roadway, commercial/industrial site development, and stormwater modeling and design projects.
- Completes general fieldwork as necessary to assess site conditions and determine design and survey requirements for new projects, as well as inspects projects under construction.
- Familiar with a variety of the field' s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Serves as team leader overseeing personnel and reporting directly to department principal.
- Conducts effective performance evaluations and mentors those with less experience through formal and informal channels.
- Encourages more junior co-workers to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Produces contract agreements, fee proposals and project scope as required, creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope, reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Prepares for quality assurance procedures by minimizing exposure and risks on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensures internal QA/QC procedures have been conducted by Principal/other Project Manager prior to submission.
- Monitors team members' time and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Initiates and responds with clients and/or sub-consultants regarding scope, meetings, tasks, requests, invoicing, etc., as necessary.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue and billing rates. Understands pricing model and billing procedures.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction including setting and managing client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel. Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement of this position.
- Other duties as directed.
Great! Anything else?
At OakTree we believe in quality, consideration, and offering people meaningful and challenging opportunities. We stand by you and offer benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k! If this position catches your interest, don’ t let this chance to join a passionate team and be backed by the OakTree family pass you by!