333 West Sheridan Avenue
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5114
Project Controls Manager
- Collaborates with various teams to monitor and forecast capital expenditures, analyze variances, monitor and improve performance and evaluate risk.
- Performs various evaluations, controls, and calculations to produce, support and maintain data system integrity.
- Integrates and compiles data into quantifiable summaries, models, and forecasts for development, review and approval of issue action plans.
- Develops recommendations to improve operational processes based on analysis.
- Partners with project teams and various groups within the company to analyze project
- Work is performed independently and under limited supervision.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Frequently applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Determines approach to work and is supervised based on milestones and at key deliverable junctures.
- Work is reviewed for overall accuracy and soundness of judgement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compile data from disparate systems to monitor and report on various aspects of project planning, execution and closing.
- Facilitate and support the preparation and roll-up of project budgets and forecasts; provide reports by level for various groups.
- Thoroughly research and identify areas for analysis; produce summary analysis and present to department or executive leadership.
- Provide billing support for reimbursable projects.
- Analyze performance metrics and assure metrics are visible and well understood.
- Collaborate with department management and recommend specific actions in response to analysis; follow-up on recommended action plans.
- Perform statistical or operational analyses on assigned projects in order to identify trends, variances and data gaps.
- Take action in a self-directed manner to identify issues and make recommendations to department leadership.
- Apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external businesses issues to improve processes or services.
- Produce and maintain data specific to projects/program/process and or department
- Follow-up on recommended action plans
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree. In lieu of a degree, six (6) years' related experience supporting or leading projects will be considered.
- Two (2) years' directly related experience supporting or leading construction-related projects.
- Formal training or a degree related to project management, construction management or project controls preferred.
- Valid state driver' s license.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, company’ s ethics code of conduct and other company policies and procedures.
- Respect and follow safety policies and regulations; scan the environment for objects or people who may pose a safety risk; encourage others to utilize safe and healthy work practices.
- Ability to distill data into concise and easily understood concepts and recommendations.
- Ability to distill data and analysis into high-level reports and summaries.
- Analytical skills and experience; ability to solve a range of straightforward problems, analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Knowledge and expertise with analytical tools.
- Data management skills; ability to audit, format, model and analyze large data sets.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands of deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar schedule software.
- Ability to develop network of contacts and partners.
- Strong collaboration skills in order to partner effectively across various levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of the organization, processes and customers.
- Ability to discern data inaccuracies through technical experience and knowledge.
- Strong skills in writing procedures and instructions.