600 North Dairy Ashford Suite TA-02-2057
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5499
Oracle Database Admin
The Oracle DBA is responsible for managing the Oracle environment which consist of 12c & 18c Oracle databases in a Unix environment. The Oracle DBA is responsible for production support which includes account management, database monitoring, performance tuning, backup and recovery, installation, upgrades, patching, maintenance, user management and disaster recovery. The job includes utilizing various applications like Oracle Enterprise Manager, Toad for Oracle, Unix command line, shell scripting, ServiceNow. The DBA team participates in a 24x7 weekly on-call
- Responsible for providing database administration, database security and production support as well as Installing, upgrading and maintaining databases.
- Plans and executes database backup, archiving and recovery.
- Provides database tuning for performance and stability.
- Manages physical database design and implementation, database security implementation and monitoring.
- Uses company change management processes to prevent production disruptions and outages.
- Partners with other company IT organizations to ensure quality support and delivery to the end-user.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with other DBA' s to provide 24x7 coverage.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
- Moving towards full competency.
- Requires a broader, general understanding of discipline.
- Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
- Makes decisions within well defined parameters.