600 North Dairy Ashford Suite TA-02-2057
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5046
Oracle database administrator responsible for basic Oracle administration
- Responsible for providing database administration, database security and production support as well as Installing, upgrading and maintaining databases.
- Plans and executes database backup, archiving and recovery.
- Provides database tuning for performance and stability.
- Manages physical database design and implementation, database security implementation and monitoring.
- Uses company change management processes to prevent production disruptions and outages.
- Partners with other company IT organizations to ensure quality support and delivery to the end-user.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with other DBA' s to provide 24x7 coverage.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
- Moving towards full competency.
- Requires a broader, general understanding of discipline.
- Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
- Makes decisions within well defined parameters.