1800 South Elm Place Suite
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5616
A Network Technician provides remote helpdesk support related to computer systems and software applications. This person has excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills with the ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
Managed Service Provider support is primarily for workstations, printers, Microsoft products, and 3rd party apps in domain environments
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Administer cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements. This would include Azure and AWS.
- Support disaster recovery solutions.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Some On-Call Required.
Knowledge, Skills And/or Abilities Required
- Advanced understanding of network systems, terminal servers, operating systems, business applications
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnostic skills of technical issues.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’ s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 5 years of IT experience.