7501 W Memorial Rd
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5612
Designs and maintains F5 and Load Balancing hardware and software design, administration, maintenance and licensing. Assist in the design and implementation of future network and F5 projects and upgrades. Ensure accurate documentation of network configuration and topology. Assist junior team members in troubleshooting of advanced network and Load Balancing problems. Mentor other networking staff to grow team technically and professionally.
- Establishes F5/Load Balancing environment by implementing system configuration, directing system installation and adhering to system standards.
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting F5 performance issues.
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting network performance issues.
- Knowledge of Networking best practices and industry standards.
- Knowledge of F5 & Load Balancing best practices and industry standards.
- Knowledge of cutting edge industry trends and roadmaps for supplier equipment.
- A talent for network automation and the ability to make decisions on what can be safely automated.
- Assists in defining network policies and procedures.
- Assists in defining F5 policies and procedures.
- Maximizes F5 performance by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures F5 environment by developing access, monitoring, control, and evaluation policies; maintaining documentation.
- Manages and configures F5 & Load Balancing Disaster Recovery strategy including procedural documentation.
- DHCP design, configuration and maintenance.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization' s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinate with the Trainer to set up and take down Cyberschool equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
- Coordinates with upper management to setup new offices as needed.
- Regular attendance as required
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects and troubleshooting with minor supervision.
- Willingness to assist coworkers with improving their skills and abilities.
- Strong technical aptitude, people skills and a desire to learn and implement industry best practices.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- High School graduate required.
- Bachelor Degree Required.
- F5 Certified Administrator required.
- F5 Certified Technology Specialist required.
- F5 Certified Solution Expert preferred.
- Cisco CCNP: Datacenter preferred.
- Cisco CCNP: R&S preferred.
- Cisco CCNA: R&S required.
- F5 Chassis and Appliance Architecture, Administration, and Installation
- F5 Configuration/Administration, LTM/GTM, iRules, VIP/Virtual Servers
- Understanding of Load Balancing best practices and industry standards
- LAN/WAN – TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, VPN
- Network Performance Tuning – SNMP, NetFlow, IP SLA
- Cisco Datacenter Technology – vPC, FEX, UCS
- Cisco Routed Campus – L3 Access configuration/maintenance
- Cisco Switches – Catalyst 9500/9300, Nexus 7K/9K/5K
- Routing: EIGRP, OSPF, ECMP, BGP
- Cisco NXOS/IOS
- Emerging technology trends
- Network Automation
- Network Backup and Archive procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Ability to design and implement network configurations with minor supervision
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Familiar with a variety of Network concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
*** Must have
- Design and implementation experience with F5 Big-IP appliances
- Excellent understanding of LTM configuration - VIPs, Persistence, SNAT, SSL, etc.
- Experience writing iRules
- Experience implementing F5 OS upgrades, backup and restores
- Experience Managing F5 HA configuration
- Experience administering and maintaining Big-IQ
- Experience implementing and maintaining Big-IQ Data Collection Devices
Nice to have
- Possess CCNP Routing and Switching
- Experience with configuration, administration, upgrade and maintenance of Cisco Nexus switches, routers, SD-WAN
- Experience with EIGRP, BGP, STP, etc
- Experience maintaining DHCP servers
- Experience with External DNS
- Experience with MPLS networks
- Customer-centric attitude with internal customers
Not Required but ideal:
- F5 Certified Administrator, Big-IP Certification
Oversees design and health of the F5 environment, helps develop all F5 Big-IP maintenance and implementation plans for Big-IP LTM. Collaborates with other departments to ensure best practices are being used on other modules. Administers and maintains F5 appliances across all data centers. Maximize network performance by monitoring infrastructure; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with 3rd party support resources and fellow IT engineers on network optimization. Develops and maintains documentation of design, as well as, on-going operation and administration of systems infrastructure