321 North Harvey Ave.
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5606
Manager of Solutions Architecture
Supervises professionals in the design of solutions that combine business process, information, applications and technology to solve business problems. Administrative responsibilities include but not limited to organizational planning, budgeting, coordination and communications, performance management, mentoring safety and training. The Supervisor job will have leadership responsibility of a team as well as individual work responsibilities.
- Conduct performance management process for team members and plan for training and development of team.
- Assist in budget development, review and communicating updates.
- Coordinate activities of a team responsible for assurance that delivered solution aligns to original solution architecture and meets all requirements for security, availability and alignment to Enterprise architecture.
- Ensure team achieves established and corporate goals, giving direction and assistance as required.
- Supervise others in area of specialization to ensure standards are followed and quality is achieved.
- Align service architecture with Enterprise Architecture standards, technology standards, equipment and software architecture and standards, Industry and technology trends, regulatory requirements, Data and lessons learned from the operating environment, trend analysis from resource and consumption data to predict future demand, Good practice etc.
- Define requirements for Service Providers for proposed solution architectures, both service based and custom development, for technical security compliance.
- Design all functional and technical aspects of a service.
- Implement solutions based on a security architecture risk assessment.
- Develop a service design to meet those requirements and including defined cost, security and service level requirements, leveraging standard service building blocks as much as possible.
- Work closely with client and Supplier Subject Matter Experts, architects (e.g. Representing areas of expertise, individual technologies or Service Towers) and other stakeholders, to review new or changed service requirement.
- Responsible for assurance that delivered solution aligns to original solution architecture and meets all requirements for security, availability and alignment to Enterprise architecture.
- Identify solution gaps and work to define mitigation actions or alternative solutions.
- Responsible for addressing solution design issues that may arise during project activity.
- Track all non-compliances and any remediation where Suppliers are not compliant with current Architecture standards and guidelines.
- Develop and aligns solutions with service Architecture standards and policies and maintain compliance with such standards and policies.
- Help define contents of RFP' s and participates in the review of responses to RFPs and submitted solutions for feasibility of architectural requirements and compliance with client standards and policies.
- Review new work or projects for Enterprise Architecture compliance.
- Monitor Supplier' s compliance with Enterprise Architecture standards and regulations; meet with client and/or Supplier to understand variances, attempting to find and agree resolution.
- Bachelor' s degree in MIS, CIS or other technical discipline plus 9 years' experience building IT solutions, documenting and defining Architecture (data, applications, security), Enterprise Architecture standards and practices, and working with COBIT implementations; or in lieu of a degree an additional Six (6) years' experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Display personal values of teamwork, fact-based decision making, fair and equitable treatment of all and customer driven.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop members.
- Ability to produce, manipulate, communicate, and implement or enhance Enterprise Architecture concepts, roadmaps, principles or effective strategies.
- Broad knowledge of corporate policies and business strategies including disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and guide the implementation of business aligned IT strategic plans.
- Ability to think laterally and constructively question established process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EA frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman or FEAF.
- Knowledge and understanding of OGE business process, objectives, milestones and structure.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Office work environment with extensive use of a computer.
- May require extensive travel.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.