Accounts Payable 8516 NW Expressway
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5128
MS-SQL DBA/SQL Developer
Administer databases in all environments as well as participate in design/development of SQL databases and applications to interface with SQL databases. Development often consists of designing tables, storing procedures, views and functions. Additionally, will maintain/enhance performance, evaluate/plan backup strategy and disaster recovery of SQL applications to support business objectives. Has a strong belief in automation and builds “ self-healing” solutions.
- Administer and maintain the 99.9% uptime level of service we attain today
- Design/recommend SQL tables, stored procedures, views to support ASP.NET applications and business objectives
- Coordinate with IT Director on development techniques and standards
- Coordinate with IT Director on short- and long-term objectives
- Maintain expert knowledge of SQL technologies, performance tuning, backup/recovery
- Monitor and maintain Database statistics, troubleshoot problematic SQL execution
- Assist .Net Development group as requested in the development of queries, database resources and security
- Actively monitor/manage test, QA and production SQL server platforms.
- Continuous learning/improvements in SQL Server knowledge as well as expanding knowledge of .Net programming languages
- Develop, test and maintain database Disaster Recovery plans
- Gather and analyze information skillfully; works well in group problem-solving situations
- Complete projects on time and budget
- Prepare and support those affected by change
- Establish and follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the organization' s goals and values
- Truly owns their DB system and has a great deal of autonomy
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College degree preferred, not required.
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use intuition and experience to complement data when making recommendations.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; remain open to others' ideas and try new things.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contribute to building a positive team spirit. Is flexible in mind and design.
- Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.