Job Number: 6015
The Logistics Manager is accountable for the management and oversight of Logistics for the Willow Project. The position is expected to provide critical leadership, organizational and planning skills early in the project to develop a comprehensive logistics plan to support the successful delivery of the project scope on schedule. During construction the Logistics Manager is expected to manage and execute the logistics plan utilizing internal and external resources to efficiently and cost effectively deliver material and fabricated components to the project site from the source.
The Logistics Manager is a direct report to the Willow Construction Manager and will have an indirect reporting line to the Willow Supply Chain Manager. The Logistics Manager will interface with members of the Willow Integrated Project Team, as well as Engineering, Fabrication, Construction, Drilling and Wells, Operations and Logistics contractor(s) to ensure the logistics plan is consistent with Willow Project objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
As part of the integrated team the Logistics Manager is responsible to:
- Manage logistics and the logistics organization to ensure successful project execution in alignment with the project schedule and budget.
- Provide key interface with engineering, fabrication, construction, and logistics contractors to develop the most cost effective and efficient means of transporting project material and support infrastructure.
- Provide key interface with Supply Chain procurement and materials management function, logistics contractors and major suppliers and fabricators to develop load out plans, ensure contract transportation requirements are attained, and schedule deadlines are met.
- Assist in the development and/or review of project transportation and fabrication studies and scenarios to evaluate cost effective transportation options.
- Progress logistics studies to identify critical constraints and recommended mitigations.
- Develop resource requirements and staff the logistics organization to according to the logistics plan.
- Evaluate and recommend technical software and systems to integrate and track project material.
- Assist in the development of the logistics contract strategy.
- Support the development of Requests for Information (RFI’ s) and Requests for Proposals (RFP’ s) for the selection of transportation and fabrication contractor(s).
- Evaluate transportation and fabrication contractor proposals and make recommendations for award as part of the evaluation team.
- Support the development of transportation and fabrication schedules and review contractor/vendor schedules for alignment with key project dates.
- Responsible for the design, configuration, and contract oversight of Deadhorse and Fairbanks staging yards, including compliance to Company material management and control standards.
- Support the development of the project cost estimate and schedule.
- Assist in the development of project documents required for project funding approval including Project Execution Plan (PEP), Construction Execution Plan (CEP), Risk Register, Materials Management and Logistics Plan, Procurement Plan, etc.
- Oversee development and execution of Transportation Management Plans for key logistics providers and manage contracts including invoice reconciliation and cost control.
- Support development of HSE and quality plans related to logistics and materials management including future contract management oversite.
- Actively promote Company knowledge sharing; apply best practices, synergies, and lessons learned from other projects and operations.
Basic / Required:
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 20+ years of logistics experience
- 10+ years of logistics management or supervisory experience
- 5+ years of logistics experience in the oil and gas industry
- Previous logistics experience on large construction projects
- Previous logistics experience in Alaska and/or the Arctic
- Demonstrated strong technical competence, understanding of unique Alaska transportation requirements
- Previous experience with Capital Projects Management System (CPMS)
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics contracts
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated performance as part of a team working large projects
- Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity
- Continuously demonstrates strong SPIRIT values