Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5262
Instructional Designer Programmer
The Instructional designer/programmer will design and incorporate high level of interactivity into existing or new web-based, and blended learning courses for technical, sales and end users in support of Sensormatic Solutions Loss Prevention and Sensormatic Brand. Based on a solid understanding of organizational training needs, the candidate will be responsible for creating impactful, engaging, interactive and innovative learning experiences.
The candidate should be passionate about educating others, advanced creativity, and enjoy designing and developing web based instructional materials. Candidate must be proficient in e-learning and creative design tools.
The role would be responsible for updating existing materials with engaging instructions as well as create new training content and design courses.
- Create highly engaging, interactive learning content to ensure visually enhanced courses and an engaged user experience in Lectora and Storyline.
- Create interactive or animated graphics and videos using a variety of tools including Adobe Creative Cloud and Camtasia
- The successful candidate must be familiar with proven models of design, adult learning theories and delivery modalities.
- Create graphics, animations, and videos for e-learning courses
- 4-year college degree in instructional design, educational technology, or its equivalent.
- 3-5 years as a training professional, with applicable experience in web based and eLearning courseware design and development.
- Proficiency creating explainer videos a plus.
- Proven experience with creating heavy interactive and engaging content to deliver engaging learning.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of eLearning software and authoring tools such as Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Captivate and/or Camtasia, Snagit, or Adobe Premier Pro.
- Experience with graphic design packages (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other modern design tools).
- Strong professional writing skills and communication skills with an ability to effectively engage at all levels of the organization.