315 Johnstone Avenue, 1280-M POB
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5598
IT Business Analyst (GPA)
The IT BA for the Global Production Analytics group will help facilitate the IT needs for the Global Production Analytics team. The team is likely to grow next year and will be focused on delivering analytics type projects in the Production & Operations space, specifically around Data Driven Maintenance Optimization, Production Performance, Integrating data sources and making them visible to the entire Global Production community, and enabling the digital field worker. The BA will work with this team and technical counterparts to help deliver the Global Production Analytic vision.
Would have 5+ years experience as a BA facilitating/gathering requirements and working in an agile fashion with team members to develop solutions. Team will work with global counterparts. Experience with data analytics & reporting technologies is a huge plus. Additionally SAP experience and supporting O&G producing assets is ideal.
The IT Business Analyst for the Global Production Analytics organization provides support and contributes to the success of the respective organization by translating business strategies into IT requirements and driving the requirements to business solutions. This role is part of the IT Production, Wells, HSE and CP&D Business Partner Organization.
The role is accountable for building and maintaining relationships with customers and vendors; understanding both business and IT strategies, developing business requirements and ensuring that IT projects are executed in line with business and IT expectations. The position represents business needs when working within IT and advocates IT policies, strategies, processes and practices when working with the business.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working with business partners to understand business needs
- Converting business requirements and plans into actionable IT services
- Translating business needs/strategies into IT requirements and source IT services to meet requirements (current and future)
- Understanding business processes end-to-end, actively measuring business contribution of enabling systems, and initiating improvement to the process and/or systems
- Defining the road map for IT tools and services in line with both business and IT strategies.
- Handling the IT project portfolio and Long-Range Plan for the organization
- Working with business and IT resources to define IT projects and complete project planning (Front End Loading – FEL) activities
- Perform as Project Manager on IT projects where appropriate
- Leading Business Analyst activities on IT projects for the organization
- Defining IT system performance metrics
- Providing input to the budgeting process and obtaining BU alignment
- Defining service level requirements, value, demand and costs
- Communicate IT Service performance metrics
- Ensure funding approval for IT projects
- Working with the business units and internal IT groups to document and sign off on SLAs
- Managing a detailed business specific software portfolio, including vendor relationships, negotiations, industry group interactions and long-term strategies
- Defining and managing business unit role-based software usage for planning and budgeting
- Influencing customer demand
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of Information Technology experience
- 5+ years of business analyst experience
- 3+ years of experience leading IT projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Information Technology, related technical discipline or foreign equivalent
- Oil & Gas industry experience, specifically in the Production & Operations area
- Data & Analytics experience.
- Business Process management (BPM) experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects
- Able to work independently
- Customer focused
- Transmits information so it is received and understood in the way it was intended
- Builds positive relationships across organizations that champion a strong work environment
- Manages tasks to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities of self and others
- Understands and anticipates needs of clients and stakeholders
- Understands and anticipates how daily actions impact and shape the future
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical