Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5665
GGRE Application Support
Work with IT and Geoscience staff to develop Geology, Geophysics, and Reservoir Engineering (GGRE) application portfolio roadmap and manage, upgrade, document and support GGRE applications.
- Develop application upgrade roadmap for applications related Geology, Geophysics, and Reservoir Engineering discipline – Petrel, Techlog, Geolog, OpenWorks, DSG, Petrosys, Hampson Russell, RMS, etc.
- Participate in planning and projects for application upgrade, data migration and infrastructure upgrade
- Provide timely estimates of the effort required to complete tasks/projects
- Produce code, scripts and configurations necessary to fulfill the design requirements
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve client reported issues including identifying defect root causes
- Create and update documentation for application management procedures, workflows and data management best practices
- Generate and document test cases for application upgrade, data migration, etc.
- Coordinate the testing and release of new versions of applications and plugins with Geoscience user community
- Partnering with other groups as needed (ex: Business Analysts) to test new tools and troubleshoot application issues
- Collaborate closely with business customers/subject matter experts, vendors and local and Corporate IT to manage and troubleshoot license & server outages, application performance, and data issues.
- Communicating issues/downtime regarding applications to Customers
- Monitor and prioritize response to application related service tickets
- Provide timely two-way communication between the customer, team, and others both inside and outside the company
- Lead prioritization of project work and enhancements in alignment with business goals and strategy
- Partnering with vendors for escalated support
- 1+ years’ experience in Oil & Gas Industry
- 1+ years’ experience in an application support role
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX and Windows based systems
- Intermediate SQL query writing and performance tuning expertise
- Intermediate scripting experience (Python, Perl, PL/SQL, .NET etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in Oil & Gas Industry, preferably supporting GGRE applications
- Ability to liaise with the following other support groups including Customers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts and technical assistants (Geotechs) within business units
- Strong understanding of application deployment in UNIX and Windows Environment
- Strong understanding of information systems and structured & unstructured data
- Experience in GGRE applications (Petrel, Studio, Techlog, OpenWorks, DSG etc.)
- Critical minimum data experience – Well Headers/Wellbore, Directional Surveys, Logs, Picks, Checkshots etc.
- Experience in Application troubleshooting, administration and workflow automation
- Strong Critical thinking and Problem-solving skills to resolve application and data related problems
- Ability to learn new applications and techniques quickly
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including documentation
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Sees the “ big picture” and pro-actively looks for innovative opportunities within IT and the business
- Responds resourcefully, flexibly and positively when faced with tight deadlines, challenges and demands
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to delivering results while maintaining a safe environment
- Experience in data cleansing in context of understanding of smooth data migration.