321 North Harvey Ave.
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5149
Systems Analyst Lead
Job family Summary
The Functional Analyst is a bridge between business functions and solution build function. They establish and maintain effective working relationships with the business to understand objectives, operations, and processes to design solutions (i.e. create/modify databases, data models, application systems, analytical tools, or reports). The Functional Analyst will lead build functions which build, configure and maintain reliable, accurate, and performant solutions.
- Interface with business users to understand and document the business requirements for technology needs
- Documents how technology will meet the requirements of the requestor.
- Delivers appropriate SDLC deliverables (Solution Plans, and Functional Design) to ensure solutions are clearly defined for build teams. The Functional Analyst strives to ensure the build functions have what they need.
- Assist with the consultation with Solution Architects on solutions in order to effectively define designs.
- Accountable for quality deliverables and measured on re-work needed (example - build function could not deliver as defined in solution plan - and needed to be returned).
- Understand the direction of application system technologies/products.
- Support technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required and compatibility with current systems.
- Assist with the recommend improvements to business processes as supported by application systems.
- Analyze and evaluate current or proposed business procedures or problems to define needs.
- Support application systems and business processes.
- Office work environment with extensive use of a computer . May require occasional travel.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking abilities. Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in an agile work environment. Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions. Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other closely related discipline combined with Two (2) years' experience in software design and development or technical solution delivery; OR high school diploma / GED and Eight (8) years of experience in software design and development or technical solution delivery.