15 East 5th Street
Job Category: Accounting & Finance
Job Number: 5126
Financial Analyst II
- Performs intermediate level of activities related to compiling, analyzing and preparing complex financial planning models and information. Performs financial analysis related to gas sales revenue, transport revenue, cost of gas, expense, financial ratios, capital expenditures, customer count and volume statistics (as specified by position).
- Perform intermediate level of compilation and preparation of plan and forecast information for various company departments, business segments and entities (as specified by position).
- Analyze and/or compare actual revenue performance to various forecasts.
- Utilize company systems to compile/calculate data and prepare financial models that simulate forecasting trends related to revenues, expenses, financial ratios, capital structure and financial statements (as specified by position).
- Perform functions such as journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, forecasts and ensure compliance related to generally accepted accounting methods and procedures(as specified by position).
Review and/or perform calculations and/or analyses including but not limited to:
- Financial ratios
- Financial statements
- Industry specific financial schedules
- Corporate overhead expenses
- Capital expenditures
Assist with development and presentation of financial data to management and preparation of regulatory & SEC data requests. Provide information and assistance to business units, management, accounting, business development, attorneys, auditors, and others regarding accounting, financing, and treasury (as specified by position).
Compile and/or review financial information including but not limited to (as specified by position):
- Forecasted versus actual expenses
- Financial reports
- Reconciliation reports
- Board of Directors presentations
- Investor presentations
- Provide information to employees from auditing firms, management, and others concerning planning, accounting processes, various financial reports and forecasts.
- Provide guidance and training to other employees as needed.
- Provide expertise in a planning application such as Oracle Hyperion (as specified by position).
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
- Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Required Bachelor' s Degree in finance and/or accounting
- Preferred Master' s Degree Business Administration
- Preferred Certified Public Accountant license
- Experience developing and maintaining data related to financial forecasts, models, and statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply financial planning and analysis methods and procedures.
- Experience interpreting and applying generally accepted accounting methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge and understanding of areas related to finance and accounting.
- Experience with application of math algebra, and statistical methods.
- Experience in computers and applicable spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
Working knowledge and/or training related to:
- Energy industry economics
- Financial risk management
- Commodity marketing
- Communication/interpersonal skills
- Economic forecasting/modeling and planning and forecasting functions
- Experience researching, compiling, and preparing reports, studies, forecasts, financial models, and correspondence applicable to position.
- Experience reading and analyzing financial data, accounting and tax-related publications.
- Experience interacting, advising, and communicating effectively.
- Experience developing and presenting information to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
- Mobility to travel in and around office facilities system wide.
- Communicate and/or exchange information or verbal instructions and conduct oral presentations.
- Visual abilities sufficient to perform job duties