Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5383
Field Telecom Tech Support - Job is located in Mt. Belvieu, TX
This position is responsible for IT field telecommunications, IT customer contact point, and technical services for IT field voice and data networks.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Customer relationship management, delivering telecommunications solutions, implementation telecommunication solutions, providing a strategic direction for field telecommunication, and maintenance services for field network and control infrastructures.
- This position actively engages daily with internal and external customer, creating effective working relationships, and collaborates with peers to provide reliable telecommunication systems.
- The desirable candidate will have experience working in gas/oil field operations including gas plant operations and pipeline operations but is not required.
- The position works closely with IT engineering/support staffs and Pipeline Operations technical teams to deliver reliable voice/data/SCADA/EFM communications services to field offices, gas plants, compressor stations, and well site locations.
- Design and implementation skills required for data networks, licensed/unlicensed microwave radio systems, licensed/unlicensed narrowband radio systems, voice radio systems, satellite communications, antenna systems, communications structures (towers and buildings), electrical/generation systems, SCADA DCS/PLC systems, and security systems.
- Strong formal and impromptu communications skills including; customer advocacy, strong problem solving skills, gas/oil field business acumen, strong interpersonal skills and good relationship building skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and personal computers skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to self-direct daily activities/priorities and work effectively with remote peers and customers.
- Valid driver’ s license required.
- Technical proficiency and experience in design, installation, maintenance, and testing of multiple radio platforms, leased circuits, satellite, DACs, Nortel/Cisco phone systems, fiber, Cisco routers/switches, cable plants, serial networks, WAN/LANs, and electrical systems.
- A solid working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, EFM, SCADA, and RTUs.
- Knowledge of oil/gas well site, gathering, compression, and separation operations and safe practices is helpful.
- Able to perform tasks at elevated heights.