Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5588
New Enterprise Monitoring Analyst
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies to ensure strong insight into the health of company systems
- Work with various technology teams to understand and address monitoring needs.
- Architect and administrate monitoring and log management systems.
- Exercise expertise to build analytics and gain actionable insights from log data.
- Build new monitors, troubleshoot monitor issues, and adjust thresholds on existing monitors.
- Identify and recommend or implement changes to achieve system and network performance improvements.
- Develop views and reports to provide effective issue resolution and situational awareness.
- Strive to automate and simplify system health checks and alerting workflows.
- Seek out and assess potential monitoring gaps, broken or useless monitors, and noisy alerts.
- Keep job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinates with upper management to inform and relay information where applicable
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- High School graduate required
- Bachelor degree required
- 2+ years of related experience in the Information Technology industry. Preferable monitoring experience within an enterprise environment.
- The position will heavily utilize Splunk. Strong familiarity with Splunk architecture, searching, and dashboarding is highly desired.
- Monitoring technologies such as log monitoring, SNMP, ICMP, WMI, web transactions
- Log aggregation and parsing technologies such as Splunk or the ELK stack
- Alerting technologies leveraging apps, email, sms, and push notifications
- General knowledge of web application architecture and technologies
- General knowledge of network architecture and technologies
- General knowledge of windows and linux server operating systems and virtualization infrastructure
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems and components
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings