100 N University D
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5077
ERP Administrator, Office of Technology
Perform configuration, administration, and technical support of software application products. Run necessary system backups. Provide troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues. Requires a strong functional understanding of software architecture.
Experience in at least some of the following:
Performs all aspects of functional system administration and technical application management for assigned applications including enterprise resource planning (ERP). Communicates and fosters professional relationships with clients (faculty, staff, students, external), committees and departments. Coordinates with other OIT departments for integration and connectivity. Works with system administrators, database administrators, application administrators, software developers, and web administrators in installation/upgrades and maintaining services, as appropriate. Participates in IT project committees and appropriate application user groups.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the ERP system and integrated components such as: Banner 9, ESM, DegreeWorks, ODS, Evisions, BEP and BRIM.
- Researches, plans, and performs upgrades, bug fixes and security policies. Assist in developing and testing plans for Banner upgrades and coordinate testing schedule with end-user departments.
- Install, configure and maintain Oracle based technologies and any required technologies in support of Banner and its components. Maintains and synchronizes multiple Oracle/Banner instances including production, test/development, training, audit and backup/recovery.
- Assist programmers and functional analysts to coordinate Banner and databases efforts for efficient service operation. Analyzes and debugs database code that is broken or not following business rules. Troubleshoots errors generated by in-house or vendor-provided software.
- Proactive approach to monitoring performance and capacity to ensure access, availability and usability of supported systems.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Collaborates with Technology Resource Center trainers and support staff to create online training modules and deliver scheduled and just-in -time application training opportunities.
- Maintain access, security, scalability and usability of assigned application(s).
- Researches and communicates new features of assigned application(s) and unused tool functionality to drive the platform expansion and adoption, which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures.
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 6 years application experience or 10+ years of comparable work experience. Experience in technical and application support. Microsoft Windows Server and strong Microsoft SQL skills. Client satisfaction focused. Ability to train users on systems and applications. Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Expert-level experience supporting ERP systems. Experience in a large Higher Education environment specifically using Ellucian Banner preferred.
- Minimum three years Oracle database experience.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL v3 Foundations or Oracle.
- A Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in a technical field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Oracle Database
- Application Deployment