321 North Harvey Ave.
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5236
Disaster Recovery Program Manager
Disaster Recovery Program Manager leads the program lifecycle (business impact analysis, disaster recovery planning, and DR testing) and governance processes for the Disaster Recovery Program. Works with IT leadership to prepare technology applications, infrastructure, systems, and teams in the event of a technology disruption. Facilitates and coordinates the development of Disaster Recovery Plans for critical technology systems and infrastructure. Maintains a tight working relationship with the Business Continuity Program Lead and collaborates closely with a variety of internal business partners to achieve strategic objectives.
- Manages all aspects of the Disaster Recovery Program, including but not limited to the Disaster Recovery Lifecycle (business impact analysis collaboration, disaster recovery planning, and DR Training and Testing), specific DR governance processes, developing and publishing metrics, and participating in other BC/DR program activities.
- Works closely with the Business Continuity Program Lead to support the Business Continuity Lifecycle, particularly in facilitating the validation of technology information captured during the business impact analysis and business continuity plan development / update processes.
- Ensures integration of the Disaster Recovery Program with the overall Enterprise Event Management Framework.
- Works closely with the Enterprise Event Management Team (EEMT), Business Continuity Program Lead, and IT Leaders during a crisis event, coordinating the DR Response & Recovery.
- Works with IT leaders and members to develop enterprise disaster recovery strategies that help meet business area RTO and RPO needs.
- Coordinates, governs, and measures all testing necessary to adequately test all disaster recovery plans on an annual basis. Report results of testing to IT Leaders and other governance teams.
- Provide regular reports to leadership regarding the health of the DR program and activities associates with its execution, in particular as it relates to risk management, mitigation and resilience.
- Ensures that new applications, systems, or infrastructure introduced have clear requirements for disaster recovery needs identified during the planning phase and that appropriate DR solutions are included at launch.
- Develop training and documentation for the disaster recovery program. Trains leaders and members.
- Partners with IT Leadership to ensure that vendors supporting the business have the appropriate service level recovery standards and agreements in place, which align with the standards and requirements set forth by the company.
- Serves as a member of the Business Continuity Program Management Team. Leads and performs other duties as assigned within the team.
- Work with the Data Center Owner to ensure understanding and alignment on the Operating Center Recovery Plan.
- Four (4) year degree combined with at least Eight (8) years' experience designing, developing or managing a Disaster Recovery program.
- Bachelor' s degree MIS, Engineering or CIS
- Experience Managing the DR Program in a complex environment within the last 10 years - this will help validate that experience is such that the candidate has worked with systems such as at our company where we have virtual, physical and composite applications.
- Experience designing and implementing a new DR Program in a complex environment.
- Experience leading managing complex IT projects.
- Professional Certification in Business Continuity
- DRII: Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP) OR
- BCI: Member, Business Continuity Institute (MBCI) or Fellow, Business Continuity Institute (FBCI)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be a self-starter and thrive in a highly dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute a long term vision.
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizational, and client service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in cross-functional teams.
- Skilled at building relationships with members in various functional areas and at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to interact credibly with both business teams and highly technical IT teams.
- Skilled at negotiating agreements; e.g., Statements of Work, and Change Orders.
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presentation skills, one-on- one and with small groups.
- Ability to think strategically as well as tactically; able to build a shared vision with business and plan next steps after a meeting with team members.
- Ability to understand complex problems, develop solutions, and take appropriate actions towards a resolution.
- Ability to influence and build trust at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to create an environment where conflicts around priorities, schedules, commitments, and approaches can be aired and resolved in an impartial manner without damaging relationships.
- Ability to coach and mentor others in a supportive environment.
- Ability to motivate those around you to take action.
- General knowledge of the various aspects of IT projects; e.g. business case, approvals, budgeting, project management, methodologies, analyze, design, build, test, quality assurance, operations, service levels, and contracts.
- General knowledge of operational change, organizational change management, and business process improvement.
- Office environment.
- May work hours outside of a normal workday / workweek.
- In the event of a crisis event, may be required to report to work on short notice and assist with coordination of the crisis.