5202 W Channel Rd
Job Category: Miscellaneous
Job Number: 4799
Director of Operations
Summary: Oversee management of ASME code manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on-schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Establishes operations standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Established manufacturing policies in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, materials usage, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, production scheduling, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations and performance measures.
- Directs implementation and execution of manufacturing policies and practices throughout the organization.
- Recommends and implements strategic changes in manufacturing.
- Builds, develops, and manages operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee relations.
- Oversees operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as, executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiate and coordinate major projects, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Work effectively and relate well with others. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, ability to deal respectfully with the public, customers, vendors, other employees, managers, and executive management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to interchange with others in the department.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directing employees’ work; setting and adjusting rates of pay and hours of work of employees; planning and controlling the budget for department; providing for the safety of the employees; planning the work; determining the techniques to be used; apportioning the work among the workers.
Education & Experience
- A bachelor' s degree in Business Administration or Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the field.
Wage & Benefits
- Salary depends upon experience.
- Competitive benefits