100 West 5th Street
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5264
- This position is responsible for IT field telecommunications, IT customer contact point, and technical services for IT field voice and data networks.
- Duties include but are not limited to; customer relationship management, delivering telecommunications solutions, implementation telecommunication solutions, providing a strategic direction for field telecommunication, and maintenance services for field network and control infrastructures.
- This position actively engages daily with internal and external customer, creating effective working relationships, and collaborates with peers to provide reliable telecommunication systems.
- The desirable candidate will have experience working in gas/oil field operations including gas plant operations and pipeline operations but is not required.
- The position works closely with IT engineering/support staffs and Pipeline Operations technical teams to deliver reliable voice/data/SCADA/EFM communications services to field offices, gas plants, compressor stations, and well site locations.
- Design and implementation skills required for data networks, licensed/unlicensed microwave radio systems, licensed/unlicensed narrowband radio systems, voice radio systems, satellite communications, antenna systems, communications structures (towers and buildings), electrical/generation systems, SCADA DCS/PLC systems, and security systems.
- Strong formal and impromptu communications skills including; customer advocacy, strong problem solving skills, gas/oil field business acumen, strong interpersonal skills and good relationship building skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and personal computers skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to self-direct daily activities/priorities and work effectively with remote peers and customers.
- Valid driver’ s license required.
- Technical proficiency and experience in design, installation, maintenance, and testing of multiple radio platforms, leased circuits, satellite, DACs, Nortel/Cisco phone systems, fiber, Cisco routers/switches, cable plants, serial networks, WAN/LANs, and electrical systems.
- A solid working knowledge of IP, Ethernet, EFM, SCADA, and RTUs.
- Knowledge of oil/gas well site, gathering, compression, and separation operations and safe practices is helpful.
- Able to perform tasks at elevated heights.