Contract To Hire
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 6135
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Designs and develops microcomputer applications and resolves microcomputer-related problems.
1. Maintains and evaluates microcomputer network system software for efficient user operation including but not limited to:
• Documentation of existing microcomputer network installations
• Installation of new Local Area Networks
• Connectivity between networks (LAN' s, WAN' s, Mainframe, UNIX, etc.)
• Disaster recovery planning
2. Installs and supports multiple workstation operating systems such as DOS, Windows, OS2, UNIX, and CAD.
3. Assists microcomputer users and or solves problems related to hardware/software including but not limited to:
• Mainframe gateway
• Software program applications
4. Installs and configures microcomputer hardware and software.
5. Develops, organizes, and presents microcomputer training sessions related to word processing, spreadsheets, and electronic mail.
6. Evaluates and recommends new microcomputer software, hardware and network software by analyzing factors such as:
• User needs
• Cost of applications
• System compatibility
• Range of utility
7. Calculate, compile, and prepare information and reports including but not limited to:
• Project proposals
• Cost estimates/analysis
• Comparison analysis
• Feasibility studies
• Weekly activity reports
8. Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job.
9. Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
Associate' s degree or technical trade school certificate in computer science with emphasis on microcomputers PLUS significant practical experience installing and maintaining computer equipment.
Equivalent formal education to include a combination of such courses as computer concepts, operating systems for microcomputers, word processing for microcomputers, database for microcomputers, data communications for microcomputers, BASIC Language, and PASCAL PLUS the following job? related experience:
1. Experience with and thorough knowledge of microcomputer equipment and installations.
2. Thorough knowledge of the microcomputer network system/software and the overall network directory structure.
3. Application of basic math and algebra.
4. Experience or training related to:
- Public speaking/interpersonal communication skills
- Hardware installation
- Software applications
- Mainframe operations
- Customer service
5. Experience analyzing and determining appropriate solutions to user equipment and/or software problems.
6. Experience developing and/or converting computer programs for microcomputer use.
7. Experience researching and preparing reports, studies, documentation, flowcharts, and correspondence.
8. Experience developing and presenting training programs for microcomputer users.
9. Experience interacting, assisting, guiding, training, and communicating effectively.
10. Experience reviewing and interpreting software and technical manuals, screens and messages, logs, and correspondence.
11. Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
1. Applicable driver’ s license required for travel to other company facilities both in? state and out? of? state.
2. Industry certification (CNE, CAN, MSC, A+, etc.) is desirable.
3. Manufacturer certification (IBM, Dell, HP, Compaq, etc.) of qualifications is desirable.?
1. Lift or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds 3? 5 times daily.
2. Able to operate office tools and equipment required.
Communicate and/or exchange information; conduct oral presentations.