7501 W Memorial Rd
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5592
Database Administration Analyst
Provide database support and implementation for enterprise applications running in a MYSQL/Windows Server environment. Collaborate with QA and Development teams in design, testing and implementation of database changes. Track and resolve database related incidents related to performance, capacity limitations, and replication. Maintain policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of the database. Maintain documentation describing processes, procedures, and database models.
- Troubleshoot database server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Build, maintain, and validate deployment packages for database change scripts
- Document changes to the database environment.
- Review new database code to ensure it meets standards for reliability and performance.
- Coordinate and communicate activities related to service disruption in all environments.
- Document database standards and provide training to ensure compliance.
- Produce and maintain documentation as required. This includes process maps, data models, training materials, user manuals and other system documentation.
- Provide support for enterprise systems.
- Provide on-call support for our environments after hours and on weekends as required.
- Participate in ticket resolution activities for database environments and systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field.
- High capacity for learning and ability to pick up new concepts quickly.
- Service mentality and willingness to help others.
- Understanding of computer concepts.
- Deep interest in computer technology.
- Competitive and collaborative spirit.
- Basic understanding of database concepts.
- Ability to perform under direct supervision from Database Team Lead and Supervisor.
- Must be comfortable navigating Windows, as well as using Microsoft Word and Excel.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the willingness to learn new systems and technologies.
- Good organization skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to learn business processes and system relationships.
- Must have superb troubleshooting and problem solving skills and the ability to be analytical and decisive.
- Must have the ability to write clear instructions for end users and other members of the database team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.