420 South Keeler Avenue Suite PB-7-712-0
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5172
This role will serve as the Data Engineer for the initial development of the Data Driven Operations Program (DDO). The Data Engineer for the Data-Driven Operations Program will be responsible for the technical realization of the company Midstream vision for using real-time data to drive better business decisions.
- Develop and exploit knowledge of the various Midstream data sources, their governance, quality, availability and capability to be aggregated with other systems to realize Midstream operational excellence and growth goals.
- Ability to see patterns and highlight where cost savings and predictions can be made.
- Working with the Product Owner and key stakeholders to understand data-driven decision needs, use cases, key performance indicators and priorities.
- Lead the definition of supporting technical strategies, objectives and roadmaps for Big Data, dashboards, real-time, visual, and computational analytics and data management.
- Collaborate to define and execute the necessary initiatives and projects.
- Work with our internal solution architects and security teams to ensure security requirements are followed and are properly transitioned to the production environment and operational support.
- In being the primary expert in Big Data and analytics technologies and practices, the Data Architect must balance confidence and collaboration to gain buy-in for decisions and recommendations, and maintain strong relationships with key Business and IT stakeholders. In addition, this role will collaborate with other Midstream Technical Architects to facilitate best practices in data integration, management and modeling, and assure data-related architectural synergies and standardization across projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Defines processes for developing and maintaining data governance.
- Organizes data at the macro level to facilitate good design and architecture for the DDO program.
- Provides logical data models as a standard for the source systems and for consuming applications to inherit
- Provides a logical data model with elements and business rules needed for the creation of DQ rules
- Understand key business requirements and makes architecture suggestions and other key IT options to address them appropriately.
- Develop and maintain the program data architectural roadmap, which will meet Midstream’ s goals and IT standards.
- Ensure quality and Change Management standards are met.
- Ensures all business and IT security standards are understood and followed by the teams.
- Ensure deliverables meet or exceed audit requirements.
- Identify key technical risks, identify mitigations and bring forward to Product Owner.
- Contribute, as part of the team, to completing projects on budget and schedule.
- Understand implementation of Agile Scrum and collaborate with the Product Owner and the development teams to maximize velocity while delivering high quality software.
- 10+ years of experience in development organizations, with at least 3 years as a data architect.
- Ability to have an end-to-end vision from data flow, integration, security and stability.
- Extensive knowledge of big data analytics tools
- Pipeline and Terminals applications experience
- Energy industry experience
- Experience in coupling databases (data from different sources) and technical aspects of data management
- Understanding of “ big data” and analytics