7501 W Memorial Rd
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5593
Data Center Administrator
Manages the Data Center and related mechanical devices. Manages and designs hardware deployments and cabling inside the Data Center. Documents the network and data center processes, and performs related tasks.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of the Data Center, including all day to day activities
- Performs installation of network and systems equipment (rack, stack and cabling). Knowledge of tools for installation. Removing equipment when decommissioned
- Monitor facilities for power, cooling and other capacity needs
- Test and turn up circuits including data, voice, and specialty circuits
- Perform basic system administration tasks under direction from Network and Systems Administrators
- As required must be available on a 24 hour basis for emergency support. Only when required and considered abnormal to general operations.
- Troubleshoot and verify existing network equipment and systems infrastructure
- Provide feedback on and refinement of data center operational processes
- Establishes specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Evaluates performance and issues including availability and utilization; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment
- Maintains Data Center performance by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting problems; escalating problems to vendor or other staff
- Some technical and desktop support tasks required
- Manages and configures Network Disaster Recovery including procedural documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization' s value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and resources on the network in conjunction with the public service staff.
- Performs training.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinate with the Trainer to set up and take down Cyberschool equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
- Coordinates with upper management to setup new offices as needed.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- High School graduate required.
- Bachelor Degree Required
- 2-4 years of related experience
- CCNA Data Center Preferred
- Datacenter HVAC, CRAC, cooling technologies
- Datacenter power, UPS, generator operations, etc
- Datacenter fire suppression systems(FM200, HFC125, etc)
- General knowledge of datacenter design and construction
- Structured Cabling
- Ethernet and Fiber Cabling
- Telecommunications Systems
- Emerging Technology Trends
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings