100 West 5th Street
Job Category: NOC
Job Number: 4677
Control Center: NOC - 3rd Shift
The position will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
· Monitor Automic (UC4) Automation Engine for scheduled job completion
- Ensure scheduled jobs complete correctly and timely
- Follow job-specific documentation and processes to restart failed jobs
· Monitor SCOM for various systems and applications
- Basic diagnostics of server connectivity
- Restart services/servers via provided tools as documented
- Knowledge to engage correct SME team for service restoration
· Monitor Solarwinds for LAN/WAN health
- Troubleshoot local site issues vs. circuit/MPLS issues
- Coordinate with carrier or Telecom and local contacts to restore services
· Communicate information on a regular basis about outages and issues to IT
- Ensure time-based communication of outage state and resolution are sent to appropriate segments of IT by severity
- Remain informed of relevant outage situation to be able to provide insight as requested from other IT members and management.
· Develop e-mail communication for All Users about outages and other IT Information
· Monitor E-Mail to the Service Desk for break/fix issues
· Provide technical support to callers with problems (afterhours)
- Facilitate, coordinate, and manage conference bridges with IT professionals to ensure core services are restored during IT service interruptions.
All of these tasks require:
- Ability to analyze alarm conditions as presented by multiple monitoring applications (UC4, Solarwinds, SCOM, FireEye, and others)
- 2+ years previous experience in a 24x7x365 IT Operations environment (preferred NOC or Infrastructure Support role)
- Experience with analyzing system and network performance using monitoring, historical, and graphical data
- Experience with LAN and WAN internetworking devices like routers and switches (CCENT or better certification preferred)
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 – 2012 R2. Understanding of domain principles, DNS, and DHCP preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting PC software and hardware issues
- Experience working critical issues that affect many users
- Communicate information on a regular basis about system wide outages to various departments within the company
Great! Anything else?
At OakTree we believe in quality, consideration, and offering people meaningful and challenging opportunities. We stand by you and offer benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k! If this position catches your interest, don’ t let this chance to join a passionate team and be backed by the OakTree family pass you by!