420 South Keeler Avenue PB-10-1084-06
Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5381
Cloud Solutions Engineer
The Cloud Solutions Engineer will help design highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective AWS cloud architectures. The cloud solutions engineer will assist virtual cloud platform teams to enable cloud adoption. The successful candidate will work on disruptive products that are still in their early stages of development and adoption, solve challenging problems that will revolutionize the way the company operates systems and solutions, challenge the existing culture and demonstrate a new way to work to the rest of the organization, and work closely with a wide variety of teams and other stakeholders in a fast-paced, innovative, pioneering like environment. The cloud solutions engineer will work closely with customers and the cloud devops team.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting stakeholders architect cloud solutions with a bias for cloud native with modern patterns
- Assisting with design and development of cloud optimized applications
- Identifying and integrating patterns
- Evaluate cloud offerings and solutions
- Solve deep technical issues when needed
- Advising on best practices and governance obligations
- Striving for infrastructure as code end state
- Help organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions
- Help organizations understand how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud
- Design cloud architectures and with vendors to create compelling enterprise cloud services
- Staying current on cloud services – assessing impacts to existing services and identifying new use cases for new cloud services.
- Enabling the advancement of the self-service cloud vision for CoP
- Produce reference architecture diagrams and deliverables
- Document use cases, solutions, and recommendations
- Teach fellow IT workers
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 10+ years of IT experience (open to candidates who may have a few years less than this)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a distributed/remote team environment where team members may be in different physical locations and time zones
- Must be able to travel up to 15%
- 5+ years as senior level IT architect
- Cloud first attitude
- Enjoys constant change
- 5 years as senior level IT architect
- Prior experience architecting Cloud IaaS and PaaS capabilities such as Azure and AWS in an enterprise environment
- Prior experience in application development
- Able to exercise leadership effectively for virtual teams without having a direct line authority for team members
- Experience with advanced IT technologies: Cloud Computing (Private, Public, and Hybrid), virtualization, software defined networking, software defined datacenters, Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), datacenter architectures, or web services
- Understanding of IT infrastructure including servers, networking and storage.
- Understanding of IT security and controls.
- Demonstrated ability to link technology with measurable business value
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
- Cloud Architecture experience
- Experience operating or using IaaS and PaaS services in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in container technologies.
- Good understanding of IOT and big data applications.
- Scripting experience using languages such as: Shell, Python or PowerShell.
- Good understanding of installing and deploying applications on Windows and Linux Platform.
- Good analytical skills
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
Experience with AWS stack including:
- Python language.
- Cluster computing with PySpark.
- Apache Ni-Fi
- AWS Lambda
- AWS Glue
- AWS Athena
- AWS S3
- AWS Kinesis