Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5079
Change Management Specialist Job Description
Reporting to the Leader of Change Management, the Change Management Specialist will play a key role in ensuring major transformation projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures.
The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The change manager will work to drive faster implementation, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the Change Management Specialist does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The Change Management Specialist will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The Change Management Specialist may also provide direct support and coaching to frontline managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Change Management Specialist will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
- Ensure business is prepared for any/all changes and/or impacts throughout project lifecycle by creating change vision and strategy: design, planning, and execution of program/project (stakeholder mapping, communications approach, and engagement plan)
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities - Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Assess the change impact - Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Actively assess and manage risk; remove / reduce barriers towards realizing goals, ensuring mitigating actions are in place & managed
- Measure and monitor change: status reporting, providing visibility on status against milestones, and transparency of risks and issues
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve alignment of change scope, as well as develop and execute change, communication, and training strategy and plans
- Facilitate training workshops with multi-disciplinary client teams, at all levels of the organization
- Lead and support communication and learning efforts - Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications to create awareness, proactively manage resistance to change, and help ensure user readiness. Ensure consistency within the messaging across the transformation efforts.
- Keep abreast of current change management practices, and being both an advocate and thought leader for the discipline
- Challenge and coach senior client executives to become better change leaders
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong understanding of change management principles, methodologies, and leading practices with previous experience with large scale organizational change efforts
- Proven Change Management expertise with extensive and demonstrable project experience supporting large-scale organizational change efforts
- Recognized Change Management accreditation (i.e. APMG, Prosci) preferred
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and experience leveraging tools to develop work plans, articulate complex issues, analyze data, and structure information
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning both strategy and tactics
- Ability to develop strategic communication plans, socialize them, and deploy them
- Proactive individual able to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of facilitating workshops and engaging with stakeholders at all levels and functions of the business
- Strong written/oral communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to work across the organization to break down silos and help the business “ think like” and “ communicate like” a cohesive entity
- Quick learner with the ability to manage multiple initiatives and adjust to changing priorities, and meet strict deadlines
- Able to quickly forge effective working relationships with a variety of personalities