Job Category: IT
Job Number: 5896
C++ Junior Developer
The Software Developer will execute full lifecycle software development to build high quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in development, design, and implementation of applications. Serve as member of a project team or as an individual contributor as assigned.
- Perform application development tasks, including: working with users to define system needs, designing applications to meet user needs, translating logic diagrams into program statements, installing and implementing vendor packages, and conducting research in emerging technologies. Design, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Assure compliance with company and Payment Card Industry policies, procedures, standards, and regulations.
- Assist in training and orientation of other staff and users.
- Develop proficiency in project management and systems analysis skills.
- Maintain proficiency in programming languages, program development, and testing.
- Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting area of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- Experience with Linux, Object Oriented Development/C++, shell scripting, multi-threading, encryption, queues, exception handling, client/server, relational database experience and full Software Development Life Cycle of Design, Documentation, Coding, Testing/Debugging, Implementation, and Maintenance is a plus.
- Excellent customer service attitude, good communications skills (both verbal and written), good project management and organizational skills and the ability to cope with and manage a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think algorithmically, self starter