11 S Greenwood
Job Category: Business Analyst
Job Number: 4742
Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems Analyst will administer multiple IT projects with various priorities, and will negotiate, resolve problems, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization, as well as with external vendors, contractors and business partners. The ability to work independently with limited oversight, provide leadership and direction, and communicate effectively with team members are the keys to success. At times, this role may also be responsible for functional tasks required in the implementation of client projects and internal initiatives.
- Develop a solid understanding of company applications, products and supporting systems to provide architecture solutions and recommendations for new products, legacy product updates as well as client products.
- Manage a broad range of IT projects, including new product development, application platform upgrades, and updates to the associated infrastructure.
- Work directly with the project teams, stakeholders, management, and sponsors to determine project scope, approach, objectives, and budget.
- Develop and maintain individual project documentation to include project charter, requirements, work breakdown structure, use cases, project plans, system specifications, technical documents, user acceptance criteria, test plans, and more.
- Identify and manage project issues and risks, scope, and change management, including communication plans.
- Act as technical point of contact between development team, product management, sales consultants, clients, and partners for project purposes.
- Ensure client and participant data is properly secured during all aspects of operations.
- Manage releases and ensure QA is conducted on solutions before final delivery.
- Stay up to date in current industry trends, technologies, issues by attending company-provided training opportunities.
- Experience with lean/agile techniques as applied to project management, as well as knowledge of traditional project methodologies.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to work with non-technical users to identify requirements, build appropriate plans, and maintain a high degree of transparency around project deliverables.
- Must be proactive and work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, end users, and external vendors.
- Mindset to ensure client and participant data is properly secured during all aspects of operations.
- Excellent customer-service skills required, with ability to build/maintain relationships, and resolve conflicts.
- Possess natural logical and technical ability while comfortably switching between both business and technical thought processes.
- Ability to change approach depending upon the situation or personality.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with competing deliverables.
- Experience with traditional tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, Business or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of Business System Analyst or Project Management experience within IT-related industry
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully meet the essential functions of the job. While performing these duties, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.